Today I am talking about Flat Stomach, oh yessssssss Flat Tommy you heard me right! Its a very sensitive topic especially for me, funny enough i do not have a big stomach i only wish it was flatter *wink*.
Here are a few steps to follow to achieve that dream flat abs.
1. Don't eat anything for two to three hours before you sleep.
Your body slows down when you sleep, which would prevent the body from digesting the food in your stomach properly. You are also much less active in the evenings and at night, which means that your body would store the calories you consume late at night as fat, rather than burning them as energy. Say NO to late night feeding, try to stop eating two to three hours before going to bed.
2. Eat healthier
You need to eat more healthy foods and when i mean healthy i mean fruits, vegetables and whole grain and one very important step is to cut down on JUNK FOOD like candy, chips and fast food etc...this could be really hard considering the fact that there are so many sweet things to be eaten in this life but it is very possible and if you are able to conquer this then you are a few steps closer to success.Here are some simple changes you can make:
- Eat lots of lean protein; Beans, nuts and lean meat, (lean meat is good as long as you don't eat the fat)
- Eat whole grains; look for labels that say "100% whole grain or wheat", whole grain keeps you feeling full for a longer time.
- Eat low-fat diary products
- Eat healthy fats; Not all fat is actually bad, the mono-saturated fats found in avocados, nuts and fish oil are actually very good, just stay away from the trans fat found in processed foods and baked goodies
- Lower your sodium intake; I am preaching to the choir here because I no dey hear word when it comes to salt but thank God for my life I have reduced my sodium intake. Sodium causes your body to retain water, which causes you to look bloated especially around your abdominal region, when ever possible switch regular table salt for kosher or sea salt which is lower in sodium and please stay away from soy sauce as it is full of it.
You should eat just enough until you feel full and then stop, there is no joy in over feeding *straight face*. One good trick is to use smaller plates when eating and also try to fill half the plate with vegetables. Try to chew more slowly and thoroughly its helps to speed up the digestion process.
4.Eat small frequent meals
Replace your usual eating three large meals a day, with eating smaller, more regular meals. Many people make the mistake of eating nothing at all during the day and settle for a huge lump later in the day especially when they are trying to lose weight, however, this type of diet will negatively effect blood sugar levels and cause you to eat more due to hunger, thus making it harder to loose weight.
Having a small, healthy snack every three to four hours and not letting yourself go hungry is a much healthier and a more effective system.
5. Drink plenty water
Water is essential! I can say that over and over again because water is sweet.
You should replace all your regular beverages with water, especially soda and sugared drinks which are full of empty calories and will cause your stomach to bloat. Drinking lots of water will help to flush toxins out of your system and keep your bowels moving, both of which are essential for a flat stomach.
Pay attention to your body's signs. Your urine should be a light yellow or clear color; dark yellow with an odor could be a sign that you are dehydrated. NA WA OH!
6. Cut down on alcohol
Aha hehehehehehehehehehehehe what can i say about this? I am preaching to my own personal choir here *covers face*
We should seriously consider cutting down alcohol, particularly wine and beer,they are full of calories (scary fact: one bottle of wine contains roughly 600 calories), thank God i don't take beer sha.
Alcohol consumption also releases estrogen into the system, which is undesirable, as excess estrogen causes the body to retain weight. Oh my God *covers face again*
Alcohol also stimulates appetite and causes willpower to melt away, making you much more likely to binge on all the things you've been depriving yourself of, like burgers, fries, pizza, chocolate and potato chips.
This cannot be over emphasized, activities such as dancing, running, swimming, cycling and walking at a good pace will all provide a great aerobic workout, in fact, anything that brings your heart rate up will do the trick and don't forget to include ab exercises.
Thats all I have got right now guys, I hope these tips would help you in your quest for your dream Flat Stomach.
Thanks for reading and please leave your comment below and If you have any tips you would like to share please feel free would love to read about it.