Saturday 30 May 2015

SCAM ALERT: BE WISE

One faithful afternoon, as I sat at work wondering what I would have for lunch, I received a call from a strange number 08128415678 and the caller introduced himself as Engr. Emmanuel Osagie. He asked if I still worked with the organisation I was working for and I affirmed and then he asked about a close colleague. I sincerely thought he was a client because I had given my business cards out a lot so I did not want to rude to a potential client.

He went ahead to say that ever since we exchanged cards I had not kept in touch, strange yea? I thought to myself, I asked him where we had met at he said I had given him my business card some time ago at a function. Okay so I had attended a lot of meetings and functions so I could not really argue with him.

He then said that he now works with NNPC and that he had been transferred to Portharcourt and he had a contract for me.

PRAISEEEE MASTER JESUS!!! I said in my mind, I have gotten another client for the company even if my core function was not marketing.

I became more interested in the conversation, he asked that I call him back in a few minutes so we could discuss at length. I called back but his call was waiting so I hung up. He returned the call after a few minutes stating that he was at a site working as at the time I called and he apologized. He asked that I called back again after sometime that he did not want his colleagues to eavesdrop.

I quickly moved into a small meeting room in my office with my note pad and pen to avoid monitoring spirits from eavesdropping as well. I called back and he went ahead to explain that from time to time they (NNPC) give out small contracts to small scale contractors to provide certain goods and that they had awarded a small contract to one Alhaji but the products here in Lagos are sold at a cheaper rate. Hence, he would like me to help purchase these products and sell to the Alhaji at a more expensive rate.

I was shocked and confused at the same time because I was wondering WHY ME??? I sha played along cos I wanted to hear the end of it. I agreed that I would be able to carry out the task and he said that once I receive payment from the Alhaji that we would share the profit.

SO he said he would send a text with all the details, I said OK and then I hung up awaiting the text message.

As soon as I received the text, I knew there was something wrong and then I called my colleague he had asked about earlier to confirm if she knew him and she said no.

In the text he stated that the name of the product to be purchased is Kroll Petroluem Care and that I should go buy from one Divine Grace Nig. Ltd at Agbara Industrial estate in Lagos and the contact person there is Mr. John Abayomi.

I did my research and gbam!!! SCAMMMM!!! Someone had shared his experience and it was exactly the same, only a few details changed LOL.

People can really be funny, I know I cannot fall for such a scam not because I know so much but because I am a tither and God has promised that he would rebuke the devourer for my sake and I am not greedy for gain.

Please do not be greedy for gain o and be very prayerful. Boys are hustling these days and with so much going on in the country now, them fit hustle reach your side one day.

I hope my story helps someone and I pray the silly guys are caught.

Have you had any scam experience? I would like to hear all about it.

Hope you guys had a fab democracy day? Happy weekend and thanks for reading.

Hugs & Kisses

"And I will rebuke the devourer for your sake, so that he will not destroy the fruit of your ground, nor shall the vine fail to bear fruits for you in the field' Says the Lord of hosts. 
- Malachi 3:11 (NKJV)

2 comments:

  1. Kai.... We humans are evil. Why you will want to steal from a fellow human is still incomprehensible.. Naija I hail thee...let us all be very weary and careful. May God help us all. Amen.
    How are you maams..longest time o...Hope you're good dear

    www.mylifeasmoby.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for your comment. I am doing great! Took a break from blogging as I had my baby in August, so I have been trying to balance mummy hood and other things. Hope all is well with you ?

    ReplyDelete