Friday 15 May 2015

5 POWERFUL RULES/TIPS FOR FEMALE ENTREPRENEURS

Hello again Beautiful people!

How has your week been? Thank God is Friday yea? I am sure some people have already dusted their dancing shoes for tonight...Small small o, drink responsibly and drive safe biko.

Ok! Today I am going to be serious because today's topic is very serious.

Let me tell you a little bit about myself, at 18years old, a 100level Computer science student of Benson Idahosa University, I started fixing and polishing nails for ladies in my dorm. I didn't know what business was all about then but all I just wanted to do was make some extra money, which I did.
Fast forward to when I was 21years old and I was in my final year ready to graduate and I was nominated for the Best Entrepreneur 2012...I could not believe it when I won.

I worked so hard then that I didnt even know people noticed me or my business. What am I trying to say? I have always loved being an entrepreneur and being independent gives me so much joy. I am always happy to encourage other female entrepreneurs when the need arises.

Please don't ask what happened to the business, that is a story for another day.


I did a little research and I found some rules or tips if you like to call it that I believe are on point and I have decided to share with you guys.


Rule 1: QUIT SEEKING VALIDATION AND EMBRACE YOUR IDEA
If you have a business idea, go for it. Its yours because no one else had the vision you did to start it, stop seeking validation from people before you launch out. Gather mind and start that business no matter how small. Truth is only a few people would actually believe in your idea.

Rule 2: CELEBRATE EVEN THE SMALLEST OF WINS
To maintain a go-getter attitude requires positive reinforcement. Learn to celebrate yourself anytime to achieve a goal even if its a small one. That positive energy will carry you forward.

Rule 3: GET SPECIFIC
Now that you are trusting your own instincts and celebrating along the way, its high time you breakdown your vision into smaller chunks. With the freedom to do what you want during the day comes the increased need to stick to a plan. Write your goals down and place them where you can see them, this would increase your chances of success.

Rule 4: KNOW THAT MAKING MONEY IS LIKE MAKING STEW
When you are cooking stew, you are not afraid of using up the tomato and pepper in your fridge because you know you can always get more abi? Think of money making the same way, if you are committed  to growing your business, you can't be afraid to invest in your growth. Rather than worry about the money you are spending, focus on making each investment worthwhile.

Rule 5: DECIDE TO BE GRATEFUL
No matter how good or bad you have it, there is always someone who has it better or worse than you. I believe that comparison is the root of despair. You have to choose to be grateful for what you have regardless for where you want to be. Like everything worthwhile, being an entrepreneur isn't easy but we should always be grateful for the opportunity to pursue meaningful work and build a life we love.

That is all my friends, Life is short and I urge us to enjoy each day as it comes and be grateful for each day that God has given us.

Thanks for reading

Hugs & Kisses


Therefore You are great, O Lord God. For there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears. 
- 2 Samuel 7:22 [NKJV]   

Source: www.entrepreneur.com Photo: google.com

No comments:

Post a Comment