Friday 11 April 2014

FOOD FRIDAY: HEALTH BENEFITS OF BEANS

Yo Yo Yo Its friday *now moonwalking* lol...How are guys doing? and what have you got planned for the weekend? As for me I plan to attend the Abuja Wed Expo tomorrow and Sunday yaaaay! since I missed the lagos edition, I am seriously looking forward to this one.
Sooooo today is food friday and I would be telling some health benefits of  BEANS!!!! Yea beans...right some of you are already thinking gas right? Relax its not that bad.



Ok lets dive into this...Beans (also known as legumes or pulses) belong to an extremely large category of vegetables (Did you know that?) and they have a lot of health benefits.
They....

  • lower cholesterol levels
  • improve diabetics' blood glucose control
  • reduce risk of many cancers
  • lower blood pressure
  • regulate functions of the colon
  • prevent and cure constipation
  • prevent piles and other bowel problems

And they are a rich source of fibre, so beans don't only make you fart they also help in other ways too.

I love the normal beans with palm oil and lots of crayfish, served with dodo and I also love baked beans. Whats your favorite beans meal?

Thanks for reading

Hugs & Kisses



Death and Life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit
 -Proverbs 18:21

No comments:

Post a Comment