You'll never look at a banana the same way again after discovering the many health benefits and reasons to add them to your diet. Bananas fights depression, make you smarter, cure hangovers, relieve morning sickness, protect against kidney cancer, diabetes, and blindness. They can cure the itch of a mosquito bite, can you believe that?
If you think bananas are just for monkeys, think again because...
- Bananas help overcome depression due high levels of tryptophan (Ignore the big grammer or google it if you want to find out) which is converted into serotonin; the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.
- Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to give you energy and sustain your blood sugar.
- It protect against muscle cramps during workouts and night time leg cramps.
- Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.
- It Improves your mood and reduce PMS symptoms and also regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
- Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin B-6.
- High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the FDA (Food and Drug Association) as being able to lower blood pressure, and protect against heart attack and stroke.
- Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
- Constipated? High fiber in bananas can help normalize bowel motility.
- Got the runs? Bananas are soothing to the digestive tract and help restore lost electrolytes after diarrhea.
- Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn and GERD
- Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.
- Eating bananas helps prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
- Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.
- Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing free radicals and protection from chronic disease.
- Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce nausea from morning sickness.
- Rub a bug bite with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation.
- Control blood sugar and avoid binging between meals by eating a banana.
- Eating a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day.
- Quitting smoking? Bananas contain high levels of B-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium that speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal.
- Remove a wart by placing the inside of a piece of banana peel against the wart and taping it in place.
- Rub the inside of a banana peel on your leather shoes or handbag and polish with a dry cloth for a quick shine.
Now you know why monkeys are so happy. Eat a banana today...hehehe I hope I have been able to convince you to eat bananas, If you know any other reason why we should eat bananas please leave a comment below, would love to hear from you.
Have a blessed day and Happy weekend.
Hugs & Kisses
And the Lord God commanded the man, saying "of every tree of the garden you may freely eat. -Genesis 2:16